Photo taken by Simon of Etcha Sketch
A follower of alternative music and culture, Rosie’s work is bold and contemporary frequently touching upon influences of gothic subculture, heavy metal and science fiction. She is a lover of nature and its creatures and was unable to resist the urge to paint her own beloved beasts (cats). Spotting the beauty within decay led to a series of pencil drawings featuring deceased insects.
Having completed her BA in Fine Art, Rosie continued her studies with an MA in Design Innovation which led to the development of her brand ‘The Not So Miserable’. The name came from frequent observations that she was too ‘cheerful’ to be a Goth.
Current prominent positions:
- Digital Supporter and Platform Trainer at the University of Bath
- Web Designer/ editor for Frome Open Studios, art trail
- Member of artist quartet Hung Drawn & Quartered
- Web editor for Celia Hart
- Web/newsletter content producer for Black Swan Arts
- Tech trustee for Black Swan Arts
Follow me on Twitter or Facebook for the latest news.
Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org